Sunday, June 14, 2009

New Beginnings

everyone has a reason to start something new...  whether it be a NEW Years D-I-E-T on January 1st, a NEW budget at the beginning of the month..  or even a NEW workout program on monday.  

well, I am beginning a-NEW, per say, with my blog.  I have been away since December and i have no concrete reason as to why I stopped.. BUT..  I can tell you that there is a NEW beginning that has refreshed my bloggin again.

the boys and I are in MN this summer and i feel like a new person!

well, that's not really true.. its not that i feel like a new person, but rather the OLD person.  the one I am suppose to be. the one i miss and long for.  the one whose head has been in the sand for some time now..  stuck in some world I am not familiar with.  I think I found her here.  getting back to my home grown roots. the family. the heart. the bullshit.  the  daily drama and the stupid jokes.  its all here with siblings, parents and sister/brother in-laws.  

(sigh).

God, I love it.  

Thought I hated it.. but I think I am able to tolerate it.  call it my age and wisdom... my lack of giving a shit about the little things ... well. let me rephrase that.. I am trying the approach of "don't sweat the small stuff"..  there. that sounded a little better.  a bit cliche but better

or maybe it is watching my two boys ACHE to be outside in the grass, the green, the fresh dewy air at 9am in the morning.. pulling weeds with my mom, riding the tractor lawn mower with my dad, washing the dog in a metal tub on the driveway, collecting leaves and flowers with their aunt and taping them in their Minnesota Notebook... playing under a willow tree with their little stuffed animals so that they (the animals) can "be a part of nature"..  and they are out there ALL DAY!!   (This is a novelty to us, mind you, as we do live in Africa-HOT Arizona..  and it is not fun to be outside unless its 80 degrees at 5:30am or at pool-side anytime between 8am-8pm.)  

and we haven't even been to one of the many lakes in the city, Minnehaha Falls, the Zoo, or the Mall of America yet!  the daily field trips have yet to begin.  

regardless the reason I feel content, I do feel this is a new beginning. so I'mmmm baaack with the blog and i will do my best to keep on keeping on. 

so be sure to stop back for updates and NEW discoveries!   








No comments: