Thursday, November 6, 2008

Jack Frost

The Boys and I watched E.T. a few months back..   Magoo cried buckets at the end of it.. he crawled up on my lap and sobbed.. saying that he hated watching the little boy say goodbye to E.T..  and seeing someone leave makes his heart hurt.  Then we watched The Water Horse shortly after that..  again, he cried. And it is true..  saying goodbye to someone we care about is sad.

The other day, we watched Jack Frost.   The boys laughed at the big butt comments, and the snickering jokes Jack Frost made.. and then at the end of it, it wasnt Magoo, but Sweet Pea who quietly teared up and crawled up on my lap.  He was gasping for air, but being very quiet about it..    Magoo was recapping some of his favorite lines from the movie as they were rolling the credits.   His laughter could be heard throughout the house.

We went to the bathroom to brush our teeth, get ready for bed, etc. Sweet Pea was going pee, and Magoo stood up on his stool at the sink...  and he looks at himself in the mirror and says out loud, "I didnt even cry this time, I kept the sad in."  I responded with "Yes, you did"...  and I looked at him in the mirror... and he looked back at me.. and then back at himself as he leaned forward on the counter, locking his elbows...  and you could see the formation of the quivering lips and the sad pouty face.. and then he lost it..  

Tears rolled, sobs started and hugs were needed.  "That movie was so sad!"... he cries.  As he wipes the tears from his cheeks.  

It was priceless. 

No comments: