Sunday, September 14, 2008

lost memories

Where the hell does the time go?  

Thank goodness I have pictures of my 2 ADORABLE boys -- yes, I have to say they are quite adorable, but I RARELY admit that (out loud) -- up on the wall in my hallway when they were just 13 months and 26 months old.   (My husband commented the other day about how he wants to "update" them. WTF?)  And these precious little boys LOOK so sweet in these pictures... with their sweet smiles, their here-and-there baby teeth, their sweet little hands, their sweet lovey hugs with one another..... their sweet, long, never-been-cut hair..... (sigh).. they really do look so damn sweet and adorable!   I look at these pictures daily.

Thank goodness I have these pics, because Lord knows, as much as I felt every ounce of energy sucked out of me when they were that little, and as much as I recall being tired ALL the time, and as much as I felt I had no time to myself, and as much as I felt I had a barely-existent of whatever they call a marriage with my hubby... I cannot.... canNOT recall enough of the laughter and precious moments of them being adorable and sweet and so damn cute!!  

Except for the pictures on the wall.

That is so UNFAIR!  ... to ME!  these kids got every ounce if me, on the hour, every hour on any given day when they needed it. But dang it, I missed it... I missed them growing up and being cute every day... well, at least I feel like I missed it.  ARGH!! ... and double ARGH!! ARGH!!  and ...well...  yes, that makes me (occasionally) think of having a third child (gulp!) ..so that I can validate and capture the wonder that I CAN do it and be it and live it and make it sweet and wonderful for ME every minute of every day of every year.   I CAN do it right ... and I will try. Just one.. last.. time. 

yah....well.. that 3rd baby bullshit-of-a-thought (God love the little blessings!) lasted the same .01 seconds it took for Micheal Phelps to take the gold in that one race.  The thought was VERY short lived.

I love those boys more and more and more and more .. AND MORE very passing day.. and I am FINALLY getting it..  to enjoy the laughter MORE, the funny stories MORE and the endless hugs MORE..  those damn sweet kids on the wall are helping me remember... and to live.

Magoo age 3.5 and Sweet Pea age 2.5 in our back yard

in Seattle, Magoo about to turn 4 and Sweet Pea 2+10 months




Sweet Pea  - age 3

Magoo and daddy - Phoenix - 10 months

Magoo (13+ months) not digging Sweet Pea (2 weeks) 

Magoo and Sweet Pea in Utah - ages 6 and almost 5

No comments: