Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My model student

Magoo forgot his homework folder at school on Monday.  I told him that we would leave for school alittle earlier on Tuesday so that he could do it before class started.  He agreed that this was a good idea. 

As we arrived, Sister Fran was just getting to the room, unlocking the classroom door...    anyway, as he walks in and gets settled, she says to me, she says....  "Can I talk to you a minute?"

Oh-o.

She tells me how she tested the class last week (assessment testing).. and how he was chatting.. DURING the testing....(where does he get this endless chatter from?)..  So she said to him, "if you dont listen to me, I am not going to listen to you the next time you need something".... Well, later he needed something, but she didnt listen to him.  He was frustrated with this, but... lesson learned.

Over the weekend, she was correcting the tests the kids took .... and she noticed that Magoo didnt finish the test.  He did the first 2 pages out of 7 total.  There was no reason to think he DIDNT finish the test because as she was administering the test, he turned the pages like the other kids...  doing the work, page by page.  But come to find out, he was just going thru the motions. He didnt actually finish the test. 

Come Monday, she showed him his test and she asked him in class why he only did the first two and not the rest... his response was "if you dont listen to me, I am not going to listen to you."

Nice.

2 comments:

Hair Girl said...

That is absolutely hilarious!!! I love 1st graders, must be why I am teaching Sunday school.

Mmm....that's good said...

This is the best story EVER! Kudos to your adorable boy :)