This morning, Sweet Pea snuck up very quietly.. or.. maybe it was just that I couldn't hear him being that I was at the computer downstairs and BB was right next to me, with the TV turned up. ..yes, again, walking the tread.. but anyway.. SP sat on the stairs with his nose poking through banister, and he said, "The Fairy brought me a porcupine, or something, I am not sure what it is.".. and I quickly responded with excitement, as always, by saying, "It's a hedge hog!" (and then I gasped... and I wondered .. if and WHEN they are going to realize that I know everything about the ornaments before I actually touch or see them? ....I better be more careful)....
A crack-of-a-smile was present in one corner of his mouth.. but no teeth to be seen. But I could tell he thought the hedge hog was cool.
We walked up stairs and there is Magoo standing there with his ornament. Not thrilled. Not disappointed. Just not. nothing. he had nothing to say .. finally, he spoke.
"What is this mom?" as he held it up, rubbing his eyes.
"hmmmmm".. I took my time responding this time. After "inspecting" it, I said, "Wellllll, it looks like it is an itty bitty little lantern that you plug into one of the other lights on the tree!" (sigh) The morning excitement about the Christmas Fairy was beginning to feel like work.. BB was upstairs by now, so he helped Magoo put the lantern on the tree. A small smile was present within minutes.
So... if one were to rate the satisfaction level of this two monkeys on the degree of curvature from their mouths... the Fairy might have to go back to a round of candy tomorrow morning..

No comments:
Post a Comment