Monday, December 1, 2008

The Christmas Fairy VISITS!

In our house, December kicks off with a visit from the Christmas Fairy in the middle of the night.   

As we unpacked the Christmas things this weekend, the boys looked and looked for their Fairy boxes..  ah-HA!  they found them..  off they run to put the boxes by their beds..  they place them there because the Fairy visits them every night and leaves them little treasures for 25 nights.. leading up to Christmas Day. 

Well, December always comes too damn fast for me and there I was.. 5:50 am this morning - DECEMBER 1st.... my hair shooting out in every direction.. bathrobe barley tied, slippers half on my feet... scratchin' my ass and thinking to myself "it is too damn early to be up"...   but thank goodness the coffee was brewing because the yawns-were-a-comin'.. one by one. Suddenly I hear a quick-paced pitter patter of little feet.  Sweet Pea stood there with his bony legs, rubbing his eyes, holding his blanket and asking me what that strange noise was...  

"Daddy is downstairs on the treadmill,"  I said. (Yup, you heard right) ....Sweet Pea pranced on his tippy toes down the stairs to watch Beaver Boy on the treadmill..(I know..BB? on the treadmill? I know!)...   

Then, I quickly remembered ...THE FAIRY VISIT!!!   So...  I ran to my room.  And after finding the many stashed goodies I have in a deep, dark bag in the back corner of my closet where only I KNOW ABOUT.. I grabbed the measuring-tape bubble gum and dashed off to the boys bedroom .... as fast as I possible could without making a noise...  

The "Fairy" snuck into the boys rooms to place the gum into their tiny, magical boxes.  Magoo was still sleeping, so I knew I had a few moments..  but damn-it-all-any-how if the lid on Magoo's box would NOT come off....  so there was a bit of a "box ruckus"..  and then, Magoo started moving..  so I quickly finished up my biz-niz and got the hell outta there..  sneaking out in my Monkey Sock slippers.  

30 seconds later, Magoo shuffles down the hallway with his sleepy eyes and holds up his gum.. "Look what the Fairy brought me!" he exclaimed..  and then he asked, "What is that noise, mom?".. again.. Beaver Boy.  Downstairs.  He runs down to ask Sweet Pea about his box..  well, sweet pea forgot to look!  (that's a BIG HIGH FIVE for mom!) ... so he gallops up the stairs and shoots down the hall, and yells he got gum too.  The joy in their sweet faces was great... The magic has begun.  

Magoo then says..   "Ya know what, mom?... I think I heard the Fairy open and close my box!  I am gonna catch her next time!... "Ya' think so?"  I replied...  "A-ha!" he smiled with glee...   I showed some excitement for him, but I was really thinking... I hope not. 


No comments: