Friday, December 5, 2008

Gift of the Day Dec 5th - Morning Hugs

When the boys get up in the morning, one of them is usually in our room, standing at the side of my bed, breathing on me... .. waiting for me to wake up.. they never go to Beaver Boy..  its always me. Someone is always poking at my side with their single finger..  poke poke poke until my eyes open.  

Well, last night, I told them.. "please do not wake me up in the morning." .... I haven't been feeling good (damn head cold) and I told them I wanted to sleep.  I continued, however, by saying, "if you wake up before me and you want to crawl into bed, go in on daddy's side..  not mine."  (BB was traveling last night).  

"OK." they both said in unison. 

So sure enough.. I hear them this morning (I am a very light sleeper - I hear everything).  They are walking into my room at 5:30am, and I can hear them whispering as they crawled into Beaver Boys side, one at a time.. ...  

"Be quiet..  don't wake mom up...remember, she isn't feeling very good"..   I pretended I was still sleeping...   just to see how the next few minutes would pan out.  

Magoo is a wiggle worm, so he kept wiggling closer and closer to me until his nose was right behind my head..   and then his feet were touching mine.. and then he threw his arm around my waist.. I could hear Sweet Pea, who was on the edge of the bed, on the other side, say to Magoo... "careful! don't wake her up!"

Then the loud noise came..  Magoo sneezed so hard, there was that thick, snotty sound of something coming out of his nose and throat..  I chuckled and then we were all sitting up.. Sweet Pea grabbed a Kleenex, Magoo wiped his noise and then we looked at their Fairy gifts.  

It was a sweet morning moment together.  And I realized that they just want to be with me, and that is why they wake me up every morning...  I couldn't stop smiling as they got up, walked out of the room together and talked about when they were gonna have their piece of gum. 


No comments: