Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lost at Lunch

Magoo exclaimed his tummy was empty at 5:00pm today.   "I am starrrrving!"  He cries.  He was begging to eat some of his left over lunch ...  Sun Chips, in particular.  I denied him as we were about to get ready for din din.

"Did you eat your lunch today?" I asked Magoo.   
"Yes!  ... but we had a short lunch today so I only ate half a sandwich and a couple crackers."  

"Why?" I asked.
"I don't know," he said as he shrugged his shoulders. 

"Lets think about this.. why would they give you a short lunch today?"
"I don't know," was his response again.  He sounded frustrated with me.

"Tell me why you THINK you had a short lunch today."   
"Well.... we had our 10 minutes of no talking (the principal has a no talking policy for 10 minutes to that kids can focus on their food and not conversations), and that's when I had half of my sandwich.. and then I did some day dreaming for a little bit ..and I had some crackers..  I day dreamed again and then lunch was over!  It was too short!"   He said this with his hands flying in the air, on the verge of tears because he was so hungry (I saw his lunch box, it was full)..  he honestly thought lunch was shortened. 

Just minding his own biz-niz in his own world.

No comments: