Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Deer boys...

Sunday afternoon, we were tooling around Park City, soaking up the evergreen trees and the endless trails to run, bike, and cross-country ski on, and unexpectedly, we came across a deer that got hit by a car, and was laying on the side of the road.  Of course, the very thick, 'giNORmous' tongue was sticking out of it as if it were being gagged... and the boys were fascinated.   it was all very sad, to say the least. I think Magoo actually started to tear up... being the sensitive kid that he is... but still, both were very engrossed by this image. 

The good news, however, is that this morning, as we were driving down Highway 224 on our way to Critter Camp, a beautiful white-tailed deer skipped across the "main drag" ... it was one of the most amazing things ever..  right in front of the car... it trotted.. Keep in mind that there are houses all around and this is a busy street..  It was a good reminder that nature is RIGHT THERE.. even though we can't always see it.  The boys were thrilled to see a "real" deer.

When the moment was over and we started speeding up again after the deer crossed the road, Magoo said, "I saw my first live deer!  I saw a dead one a couple days ago.. and now I saw a live one."

Again, very engrossed.  

1 comment:

Loraine said...

You sound so much happier now that you are in the trees and cooler weather....

I am happy for you.

Soak, Soak, Soak it all in and enjoy!