Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fireworks Flop

We got a great seat for the Park City fireworks.. we sat at the edge of the golf course, just 150+ yards away from where they were to be launched.  I have never been that close..  so instead of looking AT the fireworks display, we would literally be lying on the ground looking UP. 

While we waited, we at a delicious picnic dinner, kicked the soccer ball around with some other people, and the boys watched the local 10+ year old boys set off a street fireworks display.   Sweet Pea, as you can tell, had some sensory issues..  pic 1. ears, pic 2. nose, and pic 3 eyes.. and ever other part of his body.   The older kids gave each of them a sparkler.... 
 






Right at dusk - about 930 - the wind came up from NO WHERE... and the show was delayed for about 45 minutes or so.  Everyone had to sit and wait for the wind to die down.  They actually launched a couple to test the direction they would go and how far...  We were right in the line of the fall out.. so they continued to wait for the wind to stop.  While we were waiting, the boys fell asleep, of course!! ... and Beaver Boy and I were convinced that they were gonna reschedule the show..  so he went to get the car.. and I packed up the goods.

Finally, it must have been about 1030, they started the show.. and it was AMAZING!!  I tried every tactic in the world, but I could not wake the boys for the life of me.  BB had the camera with him so I couldnt get any photos.... and by the time he showed up to help me get the kiddos to the car, it was all over.. I got to see the whole thing...  by myself.

oh well.  It was still spectacular. 

No comments: