Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A sad story

During the 4th of July parade, the local karate group came around the corner.. and one of the kids holding onto the banner was also carrying a picture of a smiling kid..  a big, blown-up black and white picture of this happy kid, and it read, "Chris Yeates, in loving memory."  I could hear some folks behind me saying things like "he was such a good kid".. "I cant believe that happened".. so it struck some curiosity within me... 

I turned around and asked what happened.... 

Chris Yeates, a 2008 PCHS, was climbing in Austria with some friends and he lost his footing.. and fell to his death.  This happened just at the end of June...  it is so very sad.. and everywhere we go, people are talking about it.. His loss has really made an impact on the community.

Anyway..  the story in the Park Record gives more info on him and what happened if you are interested.  Just a sad story.   Please keep his family in your prayers..... 

No comments: