
You may have heard about Randy Pausch.. the author of The Last Lecture. ABC aired his story a few months back... about his journey/attitude once he learned he had terminal pancreatic cancer. He is married with 3 children... all under the age of 5..
I saw the show.. and I finally read his book while in Park City. and I tell you what..... read it!!! Not only did it help me reflect on my own childhood dreams, but it really encouraged me to be that motivating factor for my kids.. it is a really good book that shares hope, determination, humor and encouragement.. it is an easy read. and it is really good. He has had such an uplifting outlook since he learned his fate. He reminds us to do the simple, honest things... and to cherish life, whether it is a long life, or a short one.
They are airing the show again TONIGHT (Tuesday 7/29) on ABC..... If you miss it on TV, you can see it online.
Randy lost his battle to cancer on July 25th at the age of 47.

3 comments:
Read the book, couldn't put it down... loved it!!!
Loraine gave me the book to bring to England with me. I have not even cracked the spine - sorry Rainey! I really want to read it but Al's family has a terrible history with the disease, they are even a part of a study at Johns Hopkins. So I have reservations.....Plus I know I'm gonna cry. And not a pretty tear rolling down my cheeck cry either. I mean a fully blown, snot and hiccups cry!
Also on a side note, (there should be a comment area for side notes)thank you for putting a lovely pic of you back on your hoempage. I was visiting a friend from school and told her how gorgeous I thought you are - not a come-on, promise. So we went to your blog to show her a pic and it was the distorted one the boys had been playing with!! I had to swear up and down that you were normally much better looking!
Post a Comment