And a good Mothers Day it was. I got the 2 things I asked for (which just goes to show ya'.. you tell I man what you need, and he delivers!) its true.
But when it came to Father's Day, I didn't hear him saying, "don't get my anything, I don't need anything." I heard nothing of the sorts.. instead, I learned Saturday night about the tee time that was scheduled at 8am Sunday morning, the afternoon BBQ plans made to have his parents over, and the relaxing evening he coordinated for him and the boys to tent-camp in the basement. This was a great day for him... and I really had no problem with any of it. really.
BUT.... I still felt this obligation that I had to buy him something.. and it was hanging over my head.. I know he would still be happy NOT getting anything, I am just saying he didn't tell me NOT to get him anything... which, means, get him something, right?
Which is fine.
So, I spoiled him and purchased him a nice camcorder.. an it's-too-expensive-I-know-he-will-break-it-within-a-month-really-nice camcorder. (this is actually a win for me, too, as I will also get the benefit's from using it.. just as he gets the benefits from the camera he bought ME for Christmas.. I never have that thing in my hands. never!!!! he always has control of it. nice gift to me. pfft.)
With his new toy, he filmed the boys the other day.... swimming, jumping, playing in the pool.. splashing, laughing, doing tricks.. this filming went on for about 45 minutes. But the BEST part of him filming was that we all got to relive those 45 minutes .. again.. after dinner.. on the big screen... so there we all sat, reliving 45 minutes that happened 2 hours ago.
I don't get it.
He did it again today. Filmed the boys hiking...and playing out in the yard.. kicking the ball. and then we all shuffle inside, anxiously sit on the couch, wait for the connection of the cables to the TV and relive what they just lived... ???
I just want to know how he can relive all the things HE records but he cannot relive our wedding.. he has NEVER wanted to watch that video.....???

No comments:
Post a Comment