Before his departure, I snuck away to the grocery store. While I was gone a whole 21 minutes ...(nice long break for momma).. he played cards with the kids (Magoo has recently become obsessed with card games.. he wakes me up at 6am asking me to get out of bed to play Go Fish or Slap Jack, and now he wants daddy to teach me how to play Crazy 8's... obsessed, he is)... Anyway, I had to get a few items at the store and of course, to restock on the 1/2 gallon of ice cream.. chocolate ice cream. for me. while he is away. Now, why I had to sneak it into the freezer when I got home is beyond me... and I would like to know why I feel so guilty to indulge in a little pleasure.. hmm?... and I seem to do it while he is gone? odd, it is. (our household is on a Star Wars kick... I love that little Yoda, I do)..
Every time he travels, I seem to discover this unusual (and yet strangely familiar) spurt of energy to do odd and very random "assignments".. it can be anything.. usually senseless things.. like wipe out the the silverware drawer, re-alphabetize the stacked up piles of CD's or delete my emails in the trash bin.... I am not drawn to anything WITH a purpose, like ordering the 5392+ pictures for the photo albums I MUST complete before the boys graduate from high school - just to clear my mind of it (but MAN, thats a huge-ass assignment) ... and of course, I have yet to start Sweet Pea's baby book.. (sigh).. THAT just needs to be done to clear my conscious.. what you do for one (Magoo's was completed the day he turned one, of course), you must do for both.... must.. get...it... done!!!.... but tonight I stayed up till 12am watching Fools Gold (I want to find a treasure, damn it?!.. and doing it with Matthew would be a nice bonus) and of course, I ate my bowl of ice cream. shamelessly, I did. A girly-girl night by myself. When the man is away... what can I say?
One day, he will learn that chocolate is medicating.. and it puts momma in a good mood. Too much time between momma having a widdle-bit of chocolate makes momma a wee bit snippy.. possibly irritated.. and on occasion, just plain growly. I think I need to SHOW him how happy momma can be with a little Hershey kiss every now and then, I do.

No comments:
Post a Comment