Today during class, there was a moment when I turned to my friend, and I said, "I'm tired for some reason." It was then I decided F.I.T. meant Fitness Is Tiring. Isn't it though?...some days you're on.. other days, not so much.. Of course, it wasn't long before every thought in my mind during class was on the "same plane".... thinking of different things that can be acronym'd with F.I.T.
For example.. the instructor walked out of class for a brief moment as he had to replace his disFunctional headphones, and while he was gone for what seemed like 4 minutes, we were all stuck doing 73 repetitions of the same movement because no one told us, "other side".... did anyone else notice this?.. as a class, we Forget Instead of Think.. because really, ya' don't HAVE to think.. ya' wait to be told what to do... ahhh... fawgetabaw'dit.
Well, it was time to get the elastic arm band out for biceps and triceps.. and I always get twisted the wrong way as my Fingers Intertwine (with my) Thumbs.. takes me longer than most to get to the starting position.
I decided this wasn't fun anymore. I got lost in the short, quick list of other F.I.T. things that are much more fun... like ... Fun Is Traveling... Fun Is Tinkering... Fun Is Tivo... Fun Involves Tongue-action... but I had to re-focus. back to class.
Time for side lunges.. it was a reminder that my Feet Interrupt (my) Thoughts.... I really have to concentrate.. because although I am athletic, the coordination factor isn't always engaged so that my arms can gracefully move one way and my legs move the other.....I think that is called lack of rhythm. but I am over it.
The class is full of women. When a man shows up to the sweat-session, its obvious... he stands out. So the instructor made a comment to a guy who was new in class.. asked him how was he liking it..... told him all the women in the class were looking at him, etc.. and it dawned on me that Flirting Is Threatening.. very dangerous. if married, don't engage!
The sweat is dripping off my forehead... clearly, I am working hard. my goal is to lose those last 10 pounds.. just 10! thats not too much to ask.. I guess I should feel good about myself being that I do get comments like, "you look great!".. "have you lost weight?" .. but the dial on the scale doesn't continue to move clockwise too fast.. so I accept the compliments and explain that it is just weight displacement. and at times, i want to give up by telling myself that Fat Is Trendy. but I persevere....
Well, the class was wrapping up and it was time to stretch. We did all the regular stretches, but today, one stretch was new. We laid on our backs, put our feet up on the air and then spread them a part to make a big "V".. bringing our hands behind the thighs and pulling, to stretch. The instructor made a comment about how "this is probably the most attractive position you'd be in today".. and then I realized that I haven't had sex in a few days!... (my hubby has been traveling). And I sighed. When can I make time for that? F***ing Is Time-consuming. I was getting more tired by the minute.
The 60 minute class came to a sweet end as the final song was Gwen Stefani's The Sweet Escape. How appropriate.. Please let me out!! I was done 34 minutes ago.
aahhh the F.I.T. class..... it truly is Functional Integrated Training... on more levels than one.
whohoe.....whihoo...

1 comment:
waaayyyy too many visuals in that one. I just tried to envision myself in your class and then my mind trailed off to that one yoga class where you kept laughing at me because I couldn't stay on the ball. I think I will probably always be one of those people that does just enough exercise to maintain. I know...all of you tell me it will catch up to me and I'm sure it will. I'll probably just be fat and happy at that point. Biker boy always says "less input, more output" as he watches me eat as much as him in disgust. I don't know what he's talking about, he eats all day long and never gains an ounce. I guess he does exercise alot more than me though.
You are so hilarious.
Post a Comment