My meltdown was simply due to the fact that I had NO DOWN TIME for 5 days.. the boys were home sick Thursday and Friday and then again! on Monday... and I had 349 things to do before leaving town today.... it is the last day of school for N on Friday and I had to get teacher presents ready.. there is a birthday party the boys are going to on Saturday and I had to get a present.. there are things I need to FIND to return to my other sister when we are all in the Windy City.. and I made dinner for my sick friend.... and I had to bring 4 past due birthday presents for various people... and.. and.. and I had to go to the bathroom at least twice.. do the dishes and of course CLEAN the house for hubby so that I can find it the way I leave it (yeah, right!.. thats like mopping the floor before a bunco booze-fest at your house.. what is the point?) So my days were slammed this week and my mind was all a clutter...
phew..
Now it is time for me.
Let's face it .... Mommies need rest time too. Rest time may not actually involve sleeping (not that I would complain), but it is down time to think thoughts beyond the first grade level, and whether or not you should make the peanut butter and jelly sandwich.. again! for the kids school lunch, or shake it up a bit with a ham and cheese.. maybe throw in a bag of cheetos! oooohhhh .. excitement!!!!
So.. off I go to enjoy Mojitos and big GREEN oak trees.. and the hustle and bustle of the city.. and the "L"... and the lake....... and my sisters....... and brothers ............and my parents.... and the chaos... and the confusion and the arguments and the bantering.... hhmm.. maybe this trip should be reconsidered.
Lay-tah!

2 comments:
I've had a similar week... is it a full moon???? As Mommy's with MIA husbands that travel, it seems as if we are constantly on overtime. Where's our time-and-a-half pay???
Have a FABULOUS time in Chicago with the fam. Take lots of pictures. Can't wait to hear all about it.
August or September for sure.... if not sooner... How about you me and the Red Door????
Loves...
Have a fun time in the windy city! Families can be infuriating but they are also familiar and fun!!
Post a Comment