Friday, May 16, 2008

Simply FABulous

Hair Girl and her family came to visit us recently...  We had a great time.. .. she is one of those friends who ya' just click with no matter how much time goes by between talks..  In fact, we hadn't even spoken since Beaver Boy dragged me to AZ from GA (4 years ago) - our hubby's see/saw each other often with work travels, etc - but needless to say, Hair Girl and I picked up right where we left off.. like NO time had passed.   I realized I missed her...terribly... and that she is a part of so many wonderful memories during our 5 year residency in GA. (sigh). She is awesome. Her personality is ... um... well let's see... she is southern.... so, need I say more?   Lets just say she's FABulous.  

Anyway, during her visit, we talked and drank wine, and talked and drank more wine, and laughed over this, that and the what not's, and we reminisced about GA...  we talked about the beauties of CA.... and she let me vent about how I long for the lush, leafy trees and endless, grassy lawns in MN (most of my family is there).... and that I feel like I always have one foot out the door where we live now in AZ.. wondering where the next stop is.

Well..  being the witty and FABulous person that she is..  she sent THE BEST thank you gift ever that I HAD to share...  she had the following words attached... 

"No matter your state of mind, 
you can always choose your 'state of being!' 
If you don't like where you are on any given day, 
pick a glass and move there in your mind." 

And with the note, were four frosted glasses..  one for Arizona, one for Minnesota, one for California and of course.... one for Georgia. They are from Catstudio and they are just FABulous. Aside from being completely unnecessary, I thought the gift was genius.... and simply perfect.  Here is a sample of what they look like.  


Thank you Hair Girl!  You rock....  


2 comments:

Rachel @ Verdin Road said...

I love Hair Girl and I've never even met her!!

Hair Girl said...

That was the sweetest post ever! I am tearing up over here.
I knew that I was going to get you these before I even left AZ. They are perfect for you (and any friend) that has moved a lot or gets homesick.

I am so happy that we are going to keep up better. I have even started reading the co-op blog that Laundry Girl started. A little peek into your AZ world.