Why doesn't this same theory apply to kids?
The boys sleep schedule has been off the last couple days because they have been home sick, and they have been napping more than usual.. causing them to stay up a bit later at night.. But yesterday, they were up at 6am.. their regular "I'm up" time... they didnt nap, AND they were STILL able to stay awake past their 8pm bedtime.. up until 9:30pm.. with an overflow of energy to boot! all day!! phewy - OK, they are down.. its 9:30.. Beaver Boy and I decided to watch a movie.. and then some SNL.. anticipating a morning to "sleep in" until maybe 7:30.. since they went to bed so late after a full day of endless motion....
Nope. 6:00 am.... at my bedside... looking like he has been up for 2 hours.. no puffy eyes or morning breath.. "mom. get up . I am up.. can you get up now?"

2 comments:
I hear ya!! The kids were at my mom's last night and didn't go to sleep so they didn't get in bed until 10:30, unless you count the car ride home. What do you know?? Up at 6:45!!! Grrrr.
oh yeah, I so hear you! My kids do the same thing! sooo frustrating
Post a Comment