(sigh)
As I was lost in this peaceful and tranquil moment, I found myself wanting to run.. and run and run some more. I felt so alive! so energized.. so ... so ready to just go.. Somehow, I survived on 5 hours of sleep a night and still managed to paint a perma-smile on my face for 3 days, partake in good, intellectual and constructive conversation, and exude the kindness and love of Mother Theresa to anyone and everyone who crossed my path. It was such a refreshing feeling.
I returned home to sunny skies, 90 degree weather with a slight breeze to cut the warmth on your back, and got settled back into the more-than-comfortable house we call home.. it is one
house among many in a neighborhood whose house paint colors range from light tan to dark tan... our house isnt the one with the red front door and the flower bushes at the end of the 50-foot driveway, but the 5th one on the right.. all the houses in our 'hood look alike, so they are identified by placement, not a unique characteristic..
After being home for a day, I realized I was tired. I had no energy. I had no motivation to call anyone.. to do the laundry, to make my bed or hit the gym. What was wrong with me? I started to think about what fuels me with energy..
The shades of brown, both inside my house and within the neighborhood, drain me of my inner juices.. I feel sucked dry. in fact, the first night I was home, I had a dream of big, overgrown, green, leafy trees wilting and then the trunks bursting into flames.. what is THAT about? not good.
(sigh)
So as i get back into my life.. my daily routine... and tend to the things that need tending to, I am trying to envision the wall of cypress evergreen trees along the 6-foot tall, medium tan-colored cinderblock cell-wall in our back yard, AND...I am enjoying the email from my sister-in-law who said the frog that my son was looking for at the front door every 3 hours finally showed up the day after we left. And hopefully.... I will dream of slugs tonight.

1 comment:
I am so proud of you for starting a Blog!!!!
I can tell from this post that the happy pills are working;either that or it had to do with being some place green. I am working on a Washington State glass for you. Keep the visit close to your heart.
Post a Comment