Friday, May 23, 2008

Rain, rain.. come and stay

OK.. so it is the end of May in AZ and today it is raining.. raining I say!  and I love it!  we have gone 90 days without rain, so no one can tell me this is a bad thing....  (well.. except for the group of people attending the "end-of-the-school-year" pool party - that sucks)..  but me?..  I am happy.. enjoying easy listening music all day.. like John Mayer... Jack Johnson.. and the thunder!  oh, the thunder... siggghhh...  The house smells of coffee as the coffee pot has been getting some good use today.  When it is 60 or less degrees outside, ya' have to drink a warm beverage in the middle of the day.. and I am a coffee girl at heart... so 'nuff said 'bout dat! mmmmmmm.  

heaven, I say.. simply heaven.   

When I was a kid, my mother used to move all of her household plants out onto the porch on rainy days..  they would get their fill...  we would open all the windows and smell the fresh rain.. fresh cut grass is a sure sensory pleaser, but grass and rain together.. and the air.. all the dust is washed to the ground ...  (snnnniff)....  cant'cha smell it?   And of course there are the endless rainy days in Seattle.. endless!  wet pine tress. the bark... wonderfully memorable... (except that one time a couple Novembers ago when the rain was blowing sideways .... fun?! ... not so much). 

Sweet little A has been waiting and waiting and WAITING for the rain today (the clouds have been hovering since the AM).... he wants to put on his boots and run in the water in the street. Poor thing is napping right now.  Once he wakes up, we will have to get him out there..

I love, love the rain... 

2 comments:

Rachel @ Verdin Road said...

I am right there with ya!! I'm savoring every moment of these last 2 refreshing cool days!! I just don't want it to end!! We played in the rain today too, both kids were in the backyard twirling umbrellas. Such JOY!!

Hair Girl said...

I always move my plants out into the rain. I think they enjoy it as much as we do.
Fortunately, we have had rain every weekend this Spring, unfortunately for the baseball season.