Friday, June 13, 2008

He said she said

At 2pm this afternoon, I stumbled in the house after being gone for 6 hours, and in between juggling some things in my arms that I unloaded from the car and refereeing the boys discussion about the Kung Fu Panda toy they got from the McDonald's Happy Meal (the once-a-year-trip, I swear!), my loving and caring Beaver Boy (who works from home), came out from his office to tell me that the apple juice, which has been sitting out on the counter since last night, needs to be refrigerated.  He then follows the boys outside to play in the pool. 

Before he grabbed the door handle to open it, I felt it necessary, of course, to let him know that he left the garage door open last night, and that the door from the garage to the laundry room was left ajar.. until 430am, which is when I woke up to secure the house.   I told him, "we are lucky no one came in to attack me, steal the boys and smother you with the pillow."  His reply before the door closed was, "yah, thank goodness THAT didn't happen." 

The door shut, the walls shuttered and the house was quiet.


1 comment:

Ann said...

You made me smile! I needed that...