Wednesday, June 4, 2008

all pooped out

My boys are obsessed with poop.  anything with poop. poop and butts. they love farting (I prefer to call it tooting)...  pooping...  poopy diapers...  animal poop.  you say anything related to poop or their bottom and they are bent over, busting a gut laughing a giggly laugh. they are (almost) 6 and (almost) 5 .... and this has been going on since they were potty trained.  so it's been a good 2-3 years. 

they ask me to check their butt after going poop.  They scream from the bathroom down the hall, "Mmmmom!.. can you check my butt?!"

when I read them the book about their body and how it works, we go over and over and over how poop is made.  and they giggle. 
 
they let me know whether or not they went poop at school. "It wasn't ready to come out so maybe later it will be ready."

My friend will change her baby's diaper and they will voluntarily sit there..  obsessed with it, "gross!  poopy diapers!" and giggle and stare and giggle some more.

they sit on the toilet and ask me.. "can I get tomorrow's poop out now, too?"  

once in awhile, they will come get me and show me their poopy potty achievements. "Mom! look!  it's 10 feet long..  that is the longest poop I ever made!"   yes, son, it is.   

they laughed a good 5 minutes or so the first time I said the expression, "oooh boy... I'm pooped."  yeah, they thought that was pretty funny...  

they fight over who actually tooted..  I will ask, "who tooted?" ... and one says, "I did."  and then the other one says, "no, I did!"  ... great.

they LOVE the book their soon-to-be-uncle gave them on our trip to MN last summer... Everyone Poops.  love it.  we read it.  often.  and then we laugh.  and laugh some more.

Everyone Poops (My Body Science) (My Body Science)

We rented Shrek 3 last week and we watched it again, and again.. and I think again.  And they love the line in the beginning of the movie when Shrek says ... "My butt is itching up a storm, and I can't seem to reach it in this monkey suit!" 

poop or butts.  they love anything to do with it. 

oh, the joy of boys. 


2 comments:

Loraine said...

Poop and butts are a big hit in our house too! Always good for a laugh.

Everyone Poops has been a favorite of Gracie's since she was a babe, Nate loves it too. I actually have the words memorized... fish poop, and so do birds, and people poop too!!!!

Another great book by the same author.... The Gas We Pass: The Story Of Farts.

Tahoe Girl said...

I feel soo much better now! I thought mine was the only once obsessed with "bathroom" talk! Ahh and to think his younger brother will be right behind him! I'm not sure I can handle this! HeeHee