Friday, June 13, 2008

They'rrre ba-aaack!

Last night, Sweat Pea was bitten 21 times..  and when I say 21 times, I mean 21 frickin' times! WTF ?? Those damn mosquitoes are back and they have eaten him raw, I say!   They got him good.. .  11 bites on one arm.. from the base of  his pinky finger up to his bicep..  7 on the other arm..  again, wrist to mid-upper arm, and 3 on his mid section.. with a HUGE one dead center on his back.

They don't come near Magoo.  Can't figure that one out being that they share a room.  The only thing I could come up with was to tell him that they prefer him over Magoo because he is so sweet... That seems to make him feel alittle better (aside from the topical Benadryl cream and oral antihistamine).  

Tonight, we had fish for dinner. And the plan was that after dinner, Beaver Boy was to take the boys to meet some friends at the community center to watch the Transformers movie... outside on the big screen.  Sweet Pea didnt like the fish. Wouldn't touch it.  But he had to eat, otherwise, he would be hungry in exactly 51 minutes.  So I told him that if he eats the fish, the mosqitoes wouldn't want to go near him tonight because he wouldn't taste so good... I decided to say that just for the ....halibut.  (ha!)

It worked... he ate it. 

1 comment:

Rachel @ Verdin Road said...

I totally believe you 100% about the mosquitos. Holy crap I was eaten alive last night at E's. I didn't even notice until this afternoon, I must have about 40 bites on one leg!!! Very attractive by the way.