*sigh*
For example, when they rolled over for the first time.... I can hear myself saying with encouragement.. "You can do it!".. and when they took their first steps .. "C'mon buddy! You can do it!"... or the first time Magoo put the square toy in the square hole.. "You can do it! yeaaaah! good job!"
such proud moments as a parent.
Today.. I heard myself saying these SAME words to them.... as I do on many occasions throughout the day.. on any given day. Like when I am downstairs in the middle of scrubbing the toilet and they want some water .. they ask and my reply is "you can do it." ... or when I am getting dressed in (what is suppose to be a private place) my bedroom closet, and they ask if I can turn on the TV.. I say, "you can do it" ... or when I am talking on the phone in the back yard and Sweat Pea comes outside to ask me to find his shoes for him. I just say, "you can do it."
such interrupting moments as a parent.

No comments:
Post a Comment