After turning selected lights off, checking all the doors, and setting the alarm, I turned the AC down to a whopping 82 degrees (electricity costs are outrageous! I had the ceiling fan on too)... and buried myself under the covers.... and waited. I closed my eyes.. waiting to sleep. go to sleep. I tossed. I turned.. did I start the dishwasher? I got up to check.. nope.. push start. Ok. back to bed.
Covers are up to my neck and I can feel the cool breeze blowing on me... deep sigh... ahhhhh.. After 30 minutes of nothing happening, I decided to turn on the TV. I pulled a male-move and surfed the channels with the remote.. nothing was on. I finally found Conan.. Justin Bateman was on. I like him. Well, I woke up 2 hours later.. TV still on.. never saw Justin. Off the TV goes. And I lay there.. awake for another 40 minutes..
I think I heard every 2x6 in my house creak or crack.. and I didn't get up to check, but I am convinced there were moving shadows outside my bedroom windows. Without fail.. every time BB travels, I am convinced the boogie man knows he is gone and he is coming to get me.... So I laid there.. waiting for SOMETHING to happen to me... what was that noise? I peaked at the bedroom door every 5 minutes.. finally, I fell asleep.
I woke up to see the LED numbers of my clock radio reading 5:30am.. What the hell? why can' t I sleep in and like it?! So. I tossed and turned and struggled with my bodies internal clock.. and the next thing I knew, it was 8:05.. Ok. I slept in. check it off the list.
I missed all the good morning shows, but I still enjoyed my 3 cups of coffee while getting caught up with the celebrity gossip in E! Weekend News. The morning is quickly approaching the noon hour.. which is when I need to prepare for the madness to start, once again.
*sigh*
Tonight, I bet I sleep better.. knowing everyone is home, together, safe and sound.

No comments:
Post a Comment