Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's Babing Suit Season...

My mother always told me that a one piece swim suit allows a little more mystery.. covers up more.. creates more questions... she said a bikini reveals too much.  As a know-it-all teenager, I fought her on this one... I wanted to show my shit, shake my hips, (hope to grow some tits!), and be proud of my youthfulness.  (the thought of putting on the bikini I wore in my college days.. eww. frightful)..  But as I have gotten older, I think some people need to keep a little more mystery going..  and listen to the words of good ole' mom.

People...

It's summer..  

I know.  I get it... and it's hot... you're at the beach.. or at the pool and you are enjoying the warmth of the sun.. the summer breezes.. the hum of children's laughter in the background and the company of others.. and you want to be comfortable..  Summer time allows you, due to Mother Nature, the opportunity to wear less.  Just like in the winter months, you get to bundle up, get cozy with layers of clothing next to a warm fire... and hide whatever it is you feel like hiding. Really, I get it.. but with swim suit season in full bloom, there is a different meaning to less is.... more?

This is just not exceptable. I am sorry. 



If you want to wear a bikini, you need to EARN THE RIGHT to wear one. You can't just wear one because it was on sale, looked cute on the hanger and it has your favorite colors.   I think not.  I had 2 children in my mid-thirties, I work out regularly and I was blessed to have no stretch marks, but I do NOT wear a bikini.  And my body looks oodles better than a majority of people who dare to share.  

This is not to say you have to look PERFECT.  or that you have to have a supermodel body. no.. God blessed me with a sit-up-free flat stomach before the post-baby-momma-pooch popped out, but I still was not perfect back in the day when I chose to cover less.  C'mon.. I drank beer.  I got bloated. AND... I have other self-image issues.. But when you choose a suit.. choose wisely.

Please..  dress accordingly.  Remember, you have to put these poolside, summer-fun pictures in your family albums and your kids will show them to their friends and eventually, their own kids.   No one wants to see the rolls.  no one.  trust me.  Be outside!  Buy an adorable suit! Enjoy the outdoors!  Wear that cute sun hat with the matching flip flops!.. but do it tastefully.. and elegantly.  no butt cracks need to be seen..  no deep dishin' cleavage needs to be revealed.. and save the rolls for dinner. 

Again, I claim no perfection.  I personally opt to wear a one piece or a tankini... I could maaaaayybe slide by with a 2-piece.. after a week long cleanse and no bread for a month and a sugarless diet..  but I am too OCD, and if I wore a bikini, being outside would lose all the fun for me. I have other hangups, like my drumstick legs and pinchable bubble butt. My gift-of-life belly doesn't look 80, yet, but it also does not crave to see the sun any day soon..  I get enough Vitamin D being soaked in from other sun-kissed areas... thank you very much.  

Hey... if you got it.. by all means flaunt it... shamelessly!  I will admire you from a distance and call you a little bee-atch...  but if you don't got it.. its OK.  Just be aware and care about what you dare to share.  Sometimes a little mystery is good....  

No comments: