Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tag! .. weird food

I have been tagged by Hair Girl to list five (5) crazy and/or weird things I eat. 

First, let me say this is my first official "tag" and I..  am .. so  .. excited!   how fun!!   Second, I am warning you that I eat anything .. well, there are a couple exceptions.  But I am a true 'Plain Jane' when it comes to food.  I am easy.. not picky.. and very standard as standard goes.  What that means, I don't know, and really, I should eat alot of weird things if I truly do eat anything. Hmm ....what I can uncover. 

Let me also say, I don't cook.  Again, this makes me an easy target to eat anything as I really don't like to spend alot of time in the kitchen.. Spending 30+ minutes preparing something to eat, when I can throw something together in 5 minutes or less, is not appealing to me. at all. Consider this my personal disclaimer.  

1.  I am not sure I should admit this, but I enjoy water-baked chicken with a can of peaches thrown on top.  umm. right..  so, ya' put some chicken breast in a glass cake pan and add water.. bake it till it's good and white!  remove it from the pan and put it on a plate..  drain a can of peaches.. and then dump the peaches on the chicken.  the peaches do eventually warm up.  This was the first meal I made for the man who is now my husband. (yes, he came back after that evening).  This is one reason why I don't cook in my house. I think he is afraid... very afraid. 

2.  I will eat anything with cheese... any kind of cheese..  It doesn't matter what it is..  I will wrap a piece of sandwich meat around some cheese (preferably string cheese)... tonight, I paired a tator tot with some cheddar cheese.  Cheese on fish.... soft, spreadable cheese with celery.. carrots...  cheese on noodles. One of my favorites is canned chicken, like tuna (drained, of course - give or take a touch of mayo) with cottage cheese.. this is a great protein kick!

3.  Ice cream is considered a complete meal any time of the day. Breakfast, lunch or dinner. Rarely a dessert.  (if consumed after 6pm, my dreams are beYOND wild ..let me mention, too, that the any-shape-or-form-of-chocolate with the evening bowl of ice cream might be a contributing factor to the nightmares.) 

4.  Anything round is eaten in 2 stages..  the first stage is the outer rim.  I will eat the edges first..  and THEN the center.  Doesn't matter what it is.. a hamburger, Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.. any kind of cookie... the outer rim first.. the inner 'meat' second... it just melts in your mouth.

5.  This is more of a crazy habit..  with big marshmallows.  I will take a marshmallow and whip it in my fingers..  With each hand, take your thumb and your first finger and 'pinch' them together.. now add a marshy in one finger/thumb set.. and turn the other finger/thumb set slightly so that all appendages are 'hugging' the marshy.. and press the one set.. then press the other set together as the first set releases.. then press together and pull together.  press and pull..  and whip the marshy. it loses its stiffness and becomes nice and gooey..  ya' lick it off your fingers.  its addicting. really. 

I am tagging JL (sorry! but I know your list will be reeeeeally good!!), Laundry Girl and Cat. Dish it.....  

  

2 comments:

Hair Girl said...

I thought our salad that you "cooked" was delicious. I am glad that I did get the chicken special.

I try to save a "middle bite" for last!

Hair Girl said...

Did NOT get the chicken special.