So, BB is gone tonight and my mother in-law offered to take the boys.. OVERNIGHT! yes. I know. I am in my castle.. alone.. enjoying all the benefits of being by myself!! How often does THAT happen?
First.. let me tell you.. it's quiet. no running, no screaming, no QUESTIONS!.. *sigh* Since they have been out of school, I have been getting endless questions.. and all questions and/or statements start with the one wondrous word we were all so anxious to hear them say.. 'MOM'..
"Mom?" .."yah?".. .. "um.. are we going to the water park today?".. I answer yes.... 5 seconds go by.. "Mom?... um. .. when are we .. um... gonna go to... thewaterpark?".. I answer "in about an hour".. next question, once again starts with that 3-letter word.... "Mom?"... I chose not to answer this time.. there is a pause... "Mom?!".. he yells louder... and a third time, "MOM!?"... he is OBviously not comfortable asking his question until I acknowledge him, so I say "What?"... "um...... mom?, um.... is an hour 60 minutes?".. "yes honey, it is."..... more still.... "mom?.. how much minutes is 4 hours?".. and it goes on and on and on!
Second, I get to eat when I want.. what I want.. and HOW I want. For dinner, I made a salad and mixed it up in a big, metal bowl ...(well, after I finished off the carton of ice cream at 4pm).... uh-hum.... and instead of transferring it from the metal bowl to a salad bowl... I ate out of it. shamelessly. in front of the TV no less! (I know, I am really pushing it!) .. So I was all propped up in the leather chair.. feet up on the foot rest, I had a big oversized metal bowl on my lap and a fork diggin' into it, scooping up the food into my face.. watching Inside Edition.. oh, the drama on that show! and what is up with teenage pregnancies?!?!?!? I loved Juno, but the message may have made it all seem too easy.. and little Jamie Lynn Spears..... huh... AAAANNYway.. I never get my trashy shows in.. when the TV is on, the boys usually pick the viewing pleasures... like Deal or No Deal.. or America's Funniest Home Videos. I know..
Third.... I learned that I cannot hide the sounds of farting, burping and sneezing when there is no one talking over these noises. I am alot noisier than I realized!
Fourth... I got to do a little cleaning (that is not the fun part) with the choice of MY music (THAT is the fun part). BB is always changing my music selection.. and he usually changes it to Radiohead. I am not a huge fan of Radiohead. except for a song or two.. and BB knows this. He still turns it on. and he turns it on LOUD.. and he knows I don't like loud music when we are all talking and playing in the same room together.. it makes us have to talk over the music. This is one of my rants. hhmph. so.... the music was LOUD.. ('cuz there is no one here, but me)... and it was MY music.. *sigh*
Finally.. I get to sleep in. no interruptions... no one tapping me on my shoulder for a glass of water, a potty break or a crawl into my bed.. PLUS, I get the king size bed to myself (I miss you, BB!)... there are many opportunities to lay there, in the middle of the bed, making-a-snow-angel mode and I get ALL the pillows. I am looking forward to the long.. quiet.. peaceful and dreamy slumber. But with this much excitement, I probably wont be able to get to sleep. I am a little worried about that.
OK - that's it for now. I wish I had something risqué to share.. or something super 'off-the-wall' as a Home Alone candidate.. but I am happy just as is.... and I should probably be out doing something FUN with the 'go-yoils', etc, but I like to save that for when BB is home... being home alone is RARE! and I love it!
I'm gonna go make me some tea... good night.

1 comment:
That sounds like heaven! I would love some alone time myself....
Post a Comment